I followed the instructions on this page to setup Gitflow in Sourcetree on my Mac. I then created a new feature branch, made some changes and then commited the new code. And yet the graph in Sourcetree does not show the new feature branch. I tried doing this a couple of times. No joy. What can I be doing wrong? Where is some more extensive documentation?
You should see the feature as soon as you create the feature branch, prior to making any commits. At that point it will show up beside develop (or whatever your name is for that branch). If it isn't there, then there was likely an error in starting the feature.
This is the contents of project/.git/config file:
[core] repositoryformatversion = 0 filemode = true logallrefupdates = true autocrlf = false [remote "origin"] url = git@git.assembla.com:********.git fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/* push = +HEAD:refs/heads/master [branch "master"] remote = origin merge = refs/heads/master [gitflow "branch"] master = master develop = develop [gitflow "prefix"] feature = feature/ release = release/ hotfix = hotfix/ support = support/ versiontag = [branch "feature/SQLException_Handling"] remote = origin merge = refs/heads/feature/SQLException_Handling [branch "feature/SQLException_Handling_01"] remote = origin merge = refs/heads/feature/SQLException_Handling_01
The two branches at the bottom are the two that I created and neither of them were displayed as branches in the SourceTree graph, at any time (i.e. right after they were created, during edit or after the changes were committed.
The feature does not show up. Where is any documentation explaining what would cause that? Is it more likely a git issue or a SourceTree/Gitflow issue?
Forget the graph for a moment. Do these feature branches show up in the list of local branches? You may have to expand a "feature" folder.
Yes, they do.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.