It's Sunday, and on Sundays we make pancakes!
At home, we love pancakes. Since my study semester in Montréal, Canada, I felt in love with some pancakes and maple syrup (never forget the maple syrup!).
So here I am on Sunday morning, baking pancakes as usual. But today is not that usual because the Great Atlassian Bake Off was announced a few days earlier and I definitely have to participate! And what's best than sharing one of my favorite recipes to do so?
In a few words: pancakes + maple syrup + blueberries + hazelnuts = 

So here is the recipe for your lazy Sundays:
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk or milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- some fresh or frozen blueberries
- some hazelnuts
- maple syrup (lots of maple syrup)
In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, melted butter, vanilla extract and buttermilk.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring only until just combined.
Heat a large griddle on medium heat. Once it is hot, liberally grease with butter. Cook on one side until holes form around edges, then flip and cook on other side for additional 1-2 minutes.
Serve with some blueberries, hazelnuts and maple syrup!

For the little story behind how my bake went:
It was going quite well to be honest, at first at least. I had my pancakes cooked, my blueberries and my maple syrup. Everything was good, before I realized I now had to shape them into the ACE logo. And here was the biggest dilemma: to create the ACE, I had to get ride of a big part of the pancakes... Such a shame! But don't worry, all the leftovers were eaten (or will be eaten Monday morning, when you have some pancakes left to begin your week with, that really helps
) It took a bit of time to cut all the pieces and create a beautiful ACE but I'm quite proud of the result. What do you think?
At least it tasted amazing! The association of blueberries, hazelnuts and maple syrup (of course) was incredible (the boyfriend confirmed
)
Sundays are always better with pancakes! Have great Sundays!
Cécile, pancake + maple syrup lover