Every Christmas my daughters and I make butter cookies, we have never dared with glaze, I watch a lot of videos of this, and I always wanted to try it, so this has been the perfect occasion to make our Atlassian butter biscuits!!! (continuous improvement 😉 )
Our recipe is simple! I really like to make it with my daughters, as the preparation is perfect for them to collaborate.
I always have the recipes in Trello with the ingredients and the step by step because it is impossible for me to remember the proportions and here, I always have them at hand. I have to say that baking is not my thing, but these cookies are not bad!

Cookies Ingredients:
- 200 gr butter (softened at room temperature)
- 120 gr sugar
- 280 gr of wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Glaze Ingredients:
- 250 gr icing sugar (powdered)
- 1 egg white
- 1 small spoonful of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of warm water (if not using egg whites)
Preparation of dough:
- In a bowl, start by mixing butter with sugar. Remember that butter must be at room temperature to be able to work well with it. Mix mix mix!!
- Once mixed, add the teaspoon of vanilla essence
- Continue with sifted flour. Pass flour through a sieve before adding it to the bowl. Mix again!!
- Put them on a cut baking tray and bake them at 180º for 11-12 minutes. As soon as you see that the edges are starting to brown, take them out.
Glaze elaboration:
- Sieve the sugar and place it in a bowl.
- Take the egg and separate the white from the yolk. Pour the white into a second bowl and then sprinkle the first two tablespoons of sugar slowly over the white. Beat with the help of a whisk.
- Repeat the process until all the icing sugar has been added to the egg white. Whisk continuously and at a constant speed to obtain a homogeneous and slightly thick mixture.
- Add the ½ tablespoon of lemon to the mixture and continue beating with the whisk.
- Use for decorating cookies without waiting too long (no more than 5-10 minutes)
And now we have our beautiful Atlassian butter cookies! Also, this year we have invited Taco to participate in the whole process, he was anxiously waiting for cookies to come out of the oven.

We had a lot of fun making them and we have also recorded a funny video to enjoy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzEzHWxHlKs
P.S: We are not professionals in kitchen or in video recording / editing 🙏, we have done this with all our love and we hope you like the recipe, photos, video...