I'm trying to simply reset my password. I receive the reset password email, and land on the page without issue. Once I enter my new password and click reset, this error pops up above the password input fields.
The password could not be changed by the credentials provider. The following URL does not specify a valid Crowd User Management REST service. http://xxxx.atlassian.net/crowd/rest/usermanagement/1/user/password?username=xxxx
I'm using Jira OnDemand (I believe), logging into their servers. I contacted support and they told me that they had to "re-sync the user directories". Was able to send myself a password reset after that and everything worked
Hello Shean,
This can be problem with the Crowd URL (if you have a proxy in front possibly) or a problem with the user directory. You may want to remove and add the user directory in Crowd with the exact same configuration as this usually helps fixing many issues.
Regards,
Rodrigo
thanks for sharing the result here! i'm sure it will help many others too.
Hi, I also have same problem but I do not use proxy.
How can I re-sync my user directory?
How can I remove my user directory?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.