We're continuing our Atlassian Bake Off series by showcasing recipes from Atlassians! Today, @Jessica Ray shares how baking has been and has become a strong part of her family's traditions with fond memories and some lovely pictures.
Hi, Jessica! Tell us about your role and team at Atlassian.
Hi Everyone! I am a Customer Success Manager here at Atlassian. My role is to help our customers get the most value out of our tools. I am here for guidance, advocacy and to be an Atlassian Partner.
We heard you love to bake! How did you start learning, and what do you love most about it?

Nana and my grandfather, "Macko"
I learned to bake with my Grandmother whom we called Nana. As a kid she lived just a few minutes away, and I spent a lot of time at her house and specifically in her kitchen. We loved to make cookies, cakes, and mac and cheese (I know, not really baking, but it counts).
I love that still to this day when I bake, it reminds me of her, and I have been able to pass that love of cooking along to my nieces (somehow the baking gene skipped my sister ">😉).
Here is a picture of my grandparents, and my nieces with a Peeps cake we made a few years ago for Easter and our Chocolate Pie that we make for most special occasions.
">
">Tradition continues, baking with my nieces Gigi and Madison
Do you have a favorite recipe that you’d like to share?
My grandmother and I loved to make her famous oatmeal cookies and my whole family can't get enough of them. They taste like Christmas to me (but we eat them all year 'round). 🍪
">Nana's Oatmeal Cookies:
- ">1 cup Crisco or margarine (softened)
- ">2.5 cups of packed brown sugar
- ">2 eggs
- ">1/3 cup of milk
- ">1 tsp of vanilla
- ">3 cups of flour
- ">2 tsp of baking soda
- ">2 tsp of baking powder
- ">1/2 tsp of salt
- ">1 tsp of cinnamon
- ">1 tsp nutmeg
- ">3 cups of oatmeal
- ">1 cup of chopped pecans (optional)
">Cream the Crisco and sugar. Add eggs, milk, vanilla. ">In another bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet. Then, form into cookies and bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
What kind of kitchen collaborator are you?
I have changed roles from the pupil to the teacher. I love passing on things that my grandmother taught me onto others.

Baking our famous Chocolate Pie for Thanksgiving this year!
What’s a go-to “ingredient” or quality that successful teams have?
Collaboration and teamwork is crucial! Butter is also pretty darn important 😉.
Any advice for those participating in the Great Atlassian Bakeoff?
If at first you don’t succeed, try try again! There are many times that recipes don’t work for one reason or another. Brush that flour off your apron, and try it again!!
Thanks so much, Jessica! Learn more about our Great Atlassian Bake Off underway, and submit your own recipe to be awarded our Bake Off badge and compete for the title of Ace Baker.