Using bamboo-specs, when I attempt to split my unit test execution up from my test-parse task, I always receive this error:
my-test-results.trx was ignored because it was modified (2021-12-02 15:20:32.000) before task started (2021-12-02 15:20:52.626)
This appears to be happening because I have my unit test execution running in a stage before my unit test parsing.
The parser finds the .trx files for my MSTest compatible unit tests, and then just outright fails because the test results were generated before the current parsing task was started.
What is the point of this restriction? Is it somehow to ensure that the test-parser task is looking at the most current results?
Here is an example of what my bamboo-specs look like:
Stage 1:
- tasks:
# Run the unit tests
- script:
interpreter: BINSH_OR_CMDEXE
scripts:
- <execute my unit tests>
Stage 2:
- tasks:
# ... copy results into current dir somewhere ... #
# Parse the unit test results
- test-parser:
type: mstest
test-results:
- "**/*.trx"