I want to run 2 instances of source tree on windows 7, but i don't see any option for this.
Agreed. A common use case of mine (with the TortoiseHg Workbench) is to have one instance per repository, and each instance has tabs for each branch. Having this in SourceTree would be really helpful (even if it's a command-line option that can be instrumented via a shortcut).
Also agreed. Why is Sourcetree limited to one instance? It's so annoying!
Agreed - perhaps a compromise would be to allow the tabs to be detachable into separate windows .
same here, my scenario is for multiple virtual desktops on windows 10 support where each virtual desktop is for different project and I want to also have dedicated instance of SourceTree there.
+1 Would also like to be able to split my screen in order to view and compare two repositories at once.
+1 I would also like to have this as I am often working in more than one repository on different virtual desktops.
I also use multiple projects in virtual desktops on Windows 10. I'd really like to have this feature.
Me as well! I setup a different dev platform per desktop. Android, IOS, Desktop. "Windows 10 Virtual Desktop" is a great feature. No need to rely on nVidia or use Linux and remote into Windows.
Go vote :-)https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-3498
+1
You can right click on a window (in the multi desktop view, `windows key+tab`) and 'show this window on all desktops'; not exactly the same but useful nonetheless - at least now you dont have to flick between desktops trying to locate sourcetree
I think running 2 instance of ST would be fine, or at least to be able to move a tab to other window, like in case of web browsers
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.