Before signing up, I inquired about educational discounts and sales tax exemption. I was told to first sign up at the full rate, and then submit documentation about our educational/tax-exempt status to get a refund. I suppose I should have realized that was a red flag, but I went ahead with it. Of course, the payment on our end went through right away, but getting the refund has been a nightmare. Trello/Atlassian has been sitting on our money and our paperwork for a month and we still haven't gotten our refund! I've been contacting them at regular intervals through the help-ticket system and email, and at first they were responsive at telling us "we're busy, things are a little backed up" (of course, that didn't stop them from taking the payment up front instantly), but for the last couple weeks they simply haven't been responding at all (i.e., are basically ghosting us).
Does anyone know a way to get ahold of someone on the phone about this? Do I have any recourse other than just canceling everything completely (I'm not optimistic about that going smoothly now either)?
All my colleagues in my department are also interested in project management solutions, and it was my job to investigate different options and report back to them. What am I supposed to tell them about this experience now? I certainly couldn't recommend Trello unless this educational discount thing is managed much more smoothly. As it is, I've basically been scammed into giving Trello an interest-free loan!