I'll say up front that Trello's automation has always frustrated me. It sits in that level between "user friendly" and "utterly restrictive" for pretty much everything I try to use it for. Why do my rules break if I change the name of a list? That's just how it is. So you sort of know where I am with this.
In this case, we wanted to create a simple system.
- List contains projects currently out with third parties.
- We thought lets give every card in this list a label of what needs to be done with this client (e.g. call, email etc.)
- One of these would be a "Next Week" label which we put on clients whom we don't need to deal with at the moment. Due Dates are super clunky to add in and don't really serve the purpose as we don't have specific dates for these clients.
- All we wanted was to have, either via Calendar on Monday morning or via a button, to change all "Next Week" to "NEEDS ATTENTION".
- (the label names would likely have changed as we fleshed out the idea more but it stalled here)
This doesn't seem to be possible. Changing labels via these two functions just doesn't seem to exist? It exists in rules, but rules only automates when we manually do things and that's not useful in this case.
The amount of things that are possible in one place and not elsewhere is frustrating.