How can I safely restart Bamboo on a production server? I do not want to interrupt any ongoing builds.
What I always do is:
* login to Bamboo as an admin
* disable all agents
* wait for any running builds to complete. Once they are complete, no new builds can start because the agents are disabled.
* now restart Bamboo, monitoring the log
* once Bamboo is running and the log indicates it's accessible, login as admin again and enable all the agents.
You have to wait until the builds are finished or terminate them.
Safe restart of Bamboo will be available with Bamboo 3.3 .
Thanks Ken, this is exactly the kind of process I was looking for.
Hi Przemek,
Is safe restart available in 3.4 and does it mean I can restart the bamboo server without terminating builds in progress on remote agents?
Thanks
Peter
You can pause the server, but you will have to wait until all builds are finished.
how to restart bamboo any command that we can run?
you should be able to restart using the following command:
/etc/init.d/bamboo restart
(hoping you are running bamboo as a service)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.