Not sure if I'm in the right forum, but here goes.
I'm looking for a community of practice/ discussion group centred around the UX and Information Architecture of Work Management Software like Jira.
Please let me know where the #ux and #ia types thinking about work management softward hang out!
Here is what I'm interested in working on with others ...
It is my belief that Jira (and likely, all popular work management platforms) impose work on Kanban Teams, Scrum Masters and Project Managers that could be taken care of by the platform.
For example, the work to keep the information in Jira self-coherent is non-trivial. One obvious example is the partial and ad-hoc support in Jira for coherence of nested Epics/Issues/ and Sub-tasks. This is evidenced by the considerable number of Jira Automations and Workflow steps that are bespoked by everyone to increase the level of coherence between the levels in cascading Epics, Issues and Sub-tasks.
Just to be clear, my interest here is not to criticise Jira. Give me a popular work management solution, and I'm pretty sure we can find a set of user actions that will render the information inconsistent.
My thesis is that we can increase the UX of Scrum Master and Project Managers to the extent that the work management platform offers them operations with guarantees. The operations update the issues/tickets/ projects or whatever AND guarantee to leave the information coherent and consistent.
If you are interested to see work that I have already undertaking in this area see: https://meta.rosellamodel.online
Hoping to find others of like mind.
All the best,
David