I want to send multiple parameters to build a plan in bamboo through rest client like POSTMAN but not via query parameter
Hello Pushkar,
Thank you for your inquire.
Please, find below how to trigger a build (with overwrite variable or creating variable) using POSTMAN:
postman.authorization.png
postman.headers.png
Overwrite variable "bamboo.myVar"
postman.body.png
In PROJ-PLAN under "Plan configuration >> Variables", there is the following variable defined:
bamboo.variable.png
When running POSTMAN, the variable's value will be overwritten to "POSTMAN"
command 16-Dec-2015 12:50:02 Substituting variable: ${bamboo.myVar} with POSTMAN
Create variable "bamboo.variable.createdVar"
postman.body.createVar.png
When running POSTMAN, the variable "createdVar" will be created.
command 16-Dec-2015 13:08:02 Substituting variable: ${bamboo.createdVar} with POSTMAN
If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.
Thank you for your understanding.
—
Kind regards,Rafael P. SperaficoAtlassian Support
Thank you so much Raefel that worked for me, but I did bamboo.variable.variable_name then it worked with bamboo.variable_name it was creating a new metadata.And I will really appreciate if you can send me simple json i.e. without body type as X-www-form-urlencoded
Pushkar, I'll outline the steps you need to take to send the POST request using JSON instead of X-www-form-urlencoded below. Following the same steps that Rafael already mentioned, you just have to make a few modifications: 1. In the second screenshot, in the "Headers" tab. Add the following Header: Content-Type and the following Value: application/json. 2. In the third screenshot, in the "Body" tab. Select the raw option and from the drop-down button select JSON (application/json). 3. Inside the script body, use the following code to override an existing variable: { "bamboo.myVar":["POSTMAN"] } OR use the following to add/create a new variable: { "bamboo.variable.createdVar":["POSTMAN"] } Hope this helps.
Thanks a lot Bruno , that's what i required
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.