All I want is to be able to create cards that show progress in some way (like a checklist that has items that can be marked off, or a due date that can be marked as completed- preferably both) that also automatically resets every day/week/month.
I found a butler automation that will uncheck my lists and reset my due date. That is perfect- except it won't work on cards on which I have marked the due date as completed. I thought about just not marking the due date as completed, but I have cards that are just a one step process (like "get gas") so I want to be able to use the due date as my way of keeping track of whether I have completed the item or not. Plus, I really like the due date being green instead of yellow.
So my next idea was to create a butler automation that will mark my due dates as incomplete an hour before they are due (so the above action would run.) That would also work, but once again it will only run this automation if the due date hasn't been marked as completed. The command literally says "1 hours before a card in list "the daily" is due, mark the due date as incomplete" but when I did a test run it says it ran on the card that was incomplete but didn't say anything about running on the card that was marked complete. (Both had the same due date and time.) What's the point of marking an incomplete due date as incomplete?! To further test things, I did the command in the opposite way, telling it to mark it as completed. And that worked on both of my test cards. It just won't do it the opposite way around.
If anyone has a better way of setting this whole thing up, please let me know. I'm happy to explore other ways of doing this too.