I just observed that the checklist check statuses were not replicated? Can anyone recall this was not the case previously?
@milynnus nope the checklist state has always been reset when you do a card copy. If you want to update the state on a card copy you have to automate it.
@Iain Dooley Thanks.
Is there a way for each checklist item status to remain the same as on the original card. I am using a Board Button and see the option to check all checklist items, but I need the checklist items to keep their current status.
Also and more importantly, when I copy a card it resets all my due dates to incomplete. Is there a way to have them keep their status also? As a work-around I would be willing to not have the dates copy over at all.
@Jill Young there isn't anything built in that will let you copy a card and maintain its state but that's a relatively simple API automation that could be done using our BenkoBot platform:
http://www.benkobot.com/
If you wanted to still use a button, you could have the button add a label then use that as the trigger for your BenkoBot listener, something like:
https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/310565840a9b38c6aaf853be3cb7b034
If you're not a coder we can put you in touch with a vetted dev to help you set it all up.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.