Good Day everyone,
I know what I will type will sound silly if not ridiculous to some of you, but 🤷🏼♀️I did it.
Let me share the issue so that you all can see the problem. Every time I am tasked with work for a Sprint I fail at closing my stories by the end of the 2 weeks. Seriously!
This was not my first time working with Sprints. However, this was my first time failing to get my work done and having to reach out to my PO to have some of my stories moved to the next Sprint. Sometimes I had to work over the weekend and still it wasn't enough. What was the problem?

The only one change that happened was me being moved to a different team where, I still support Atlassian Tools but in more advanced way by using (Scripts, BitBucket, and pipelines).
It was during Sprint Retrospective that I shared with the team how disappointed I am from the way my stories have been moving from one sprint to the other. My Manager kept insisting that I wasn't the only one and that it will get better. Well, by sharing my frustration out loud and the Scrummaster asking me if I have an idea on how to improve it. I was able to see my mistake.

When assigned stories, I always start working first on the ones that seem easy to me and leave the hard ones for later. Since I have meetings to attend, assist users when needed, and sometimes help with an urgent request. I run out of time.
The way to solve my problem was to always start with the tough stories that will take me out of my comfort zone. Once I feel tired after exhausting all the ways to solve the problem, I move an easy story to in-progress that way I don't waste time. Later, I go back to the one I am struggling with.
Believe me guys by adopting this new way, I never ever had to ask my PO to move my stories to the next sprint except if it was really something out of my control.
I am still trying to learn new ways to improve handling my daily work if anyone has suggestions I promise to try them then share my feedback.
Until then stay safe.
All the best,
Fadoua