Hello,
We are a roofing company. We use a Trello card to represent one project, rather than a task for a specific project. We need a way to set tasks for each individual card. Does anyone know a way to do that?
Hey @Joel.Kenty - you could maybe use Checklists: https://help.trello.com/article/737-adding-checklists-to-cards
As Felix suggested, checklists is the simplest way to achieve this. However, if these tasks relating to projects need descriptions, labels, attachments, comments, custom fields, etc., there are alternatives to create parent-child relationships seeing as Trello checklists don't give you the ability to add all that information to the check-items. If you need that functionality, happy to share some ideas
I would love to have some ideas. The other issue with checklists is that they do appear on the home page as a task list but there is no alarm or pop up alerting the user of the task. I also do not see a way of viewing them on the App, which is where most of my users would need to see them.
I also found a Pleexy tool that seems to be able to integrate Microsoft To Do with Trello. Haven't explored it yet but I'd be interested in your opinion on that.
One way is to use Butler to create linked check-items so that those items show as cards on your board. There would be a link between the "parent" and the "child", so you can create cascading rules so that when something happens with the child card, it affects the parent.Another option is to use a 3rd party like Hello Epics.I haven't used Pleexy before, so not sure how it works, but it looks similar to Unito which is great if you're looking to sync your tool stack.
Could you give more details on how you would set this up in Butler? I'm looking for a way that the Parent - Child cards are linked, and the Parent card shows percent to complete from the child cards.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.