While I haven't lived there in decades, I'm very fond of my hometown, and I enjoy any chance I have to show it off or talk about it. Tell us about your hometown! If your community is known for a product, like corn, or a manufactured product like a car, show that off. If you have a historical landmark or even many historical landmarks, highlight those places. If you feel your community stands for particular values or attitudes about life, feature those. I hope this will drive people to communicate about things that they already love and to which they feel connected.
My hometown is Beamsville, Ontario, Canada. Wikipedia says its 11K people, and while its a small town, I know that number is wrong, as it was bigger when I was growing up (22K people and 32 churches), and things have only grown there. Beamsville is in the heart of the fruit belt in southern Ontario, and is home to 25-30 wineries. It sits along the Niagara escarpment (which starts at Niagara Falls), and has both unique soil and microclimate ideal for wine and fruit in general. It was founded in the early 1700s, had a role in the War of 1812, Was one of the locations pilots trained in the Royal Flying Corps in World War I, two Beamsville pilots separately won Distinguished Flying Crosses. We have a few local heroes, my classmate Bill Berg (NY Rangers, NY Islanders, Ottawa Senators, Toronto Maple Leafs), Olympic Silver Medallist Tonya Verbeek, The Massey Harris (later Massey Ferguson) company cane out of Beamsville, and a band most people still know these days, Rush. Neil Peart lived in town, but Geddy and Alex all lived within an hour.
It's a beautiful place in the spring when the fruit trees start to bloom, and in the fall when the colours change.









Now it's your turn!