I have set up a Plan in Bamboo (running on Ubuntu 12.04) with 3 Stages. I'm just using the default Agent.
Builds are manually triggered via a POST request to the REST API. I want builds to be able to be queued so I've set number of concurrent builds to a high value (which seemed to be the only way to achieve this), but I also want one build to finish before the next one begins.
At the moment this is what's happening if I send 3 build requests in quick succession:
- Build #1 Stage 1
- Build #2 Stage 1
- Build #3 Stage 1
- Build #1 Stage 2
- Build #2 Stage 2
- Build #3 Stage 2
- Build #1 Stage 3
- Build #2 Stage 3
- Build #3 Stage 3
This is what I would like to happen:
- Build #1 Stage 1
- Build #1 Stage 2
- Build #1 Stage 3
- Build #2 Stage 1
- Build #2 Stage 2
- Build #2 Stage 3
- Build #3 Stage 1
- Build #3 Stage 2
- Build #3 Stage 3
Anyone know how to achieve this? Stage 2 takes about half an hour and Stage 3 sends an email, so if 20 build requests are submitted then we have to wait around 10 hours for all of the Stage 2s to complete before the emails are finally sent all at once, rather than receiving one email every half hour or so.