If I am reading the current announcement correctly then on Sept 7, regardless of existing subscription status, all personal boards will be merged into a single workspace and the existing subscription will become a temporary Premium account for 60 days (also regardless of the duration of the pre-existing subscription).
At that point users will have to decide if they want to default to a free account or select a new subscription plan under the new pricing scheme.
I very much enjoy using Trello. It is an excellent top down interface for managing multiple collaborations. However, the new $ per member per workspace cost structure is quite alarming to small business owners who might have many boards in use at once. If I could get some clarification on how the billable status will work going forward, it would greatly alleviate the concerns I have.
My organizational structure involves making boards with a single contractor and/or client and coordinating on that board. Typically I have 30-60 boards in use at time where each board has only myself and a single collaborator that is not on any other board.
In this situation, lets say I decide on a Premium plan (because it has nice features); it is my understanding that plan applies to the Workspace, not to my account and that if I added any other members to this Workspace I would be paying an additional fee per member added?
Also in this scenario; lets say I have 30 boards on my Workspace and in each board is 1 contractor. Are these 30 contractor on independent boards in the same workspace considered guests and thus non-billable? Or at each of these contractors considered a member of the workspace and thus billable?
Additionally; are members of teams on boards that get integrated into this mega-workspace on Sept 7th going to be considered members or guests and can this status be changed before billing occurs? I don't relish the thought of suddenly being billed for 30 members who were supposed to be guests because of flaws in integration.