An important decision you’ll make during your Cloud migration is which method to use: the Cloud migration assistants, site/space import, or a .csv file. In this demo, we’ll discuss the main differences between these methods as well as the pros and cons of each.
Register for the Cloud migrations demo with live Q&A.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ05400YHLE
There are many problems around the Site Import currently from what I've seen (both in display and functionality) with larger instances, it would be useful to revamp this method since it does allow for use cases that JCMA can't handle at this time.
Hi @Michael Andolfatto ,
are these problems you are mentioning documented somewhere / created as issues in JAC already? Thank you.
This is a fantastic 5 minute explainer to start customers on the right track!
Thanks for this video!
I have to agree with with @Michael AndolfattoMigrating large instances with a site import is very error prone.
@Hana Kučerová - I haven't looked for them among the JAC issues, but off the top of my head some things I have experienced that are problematic are:
- Generating large backups for Cloud sites manually may randomly fail (after many hours) without the ability for any administrators to review logging information as to why
- There is no progress indicator or remaining estimate for the generation of manual Cloud backups
- The site import method is "unsupported" now from Atlassian's view, despite the alternative migration tool not being fully built up
These points are from a recent migration I participated in 2-3 months ago so they may be a bit outdated but I believe they are still prominent.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.