Why does my Sourcetree show a strange branch that ends nowhere at each 'Merge tag' commit that occurs right before the corresponding 'Merge branch' commit? My teammates don't seem to have these weird branches. I'm using version 1.8.3.
weird branch.PNG
That is strange. Based on the portion of the commit messages you included, it looks like the merge commit is being rendered before (below) the commit it was merged from (the 2.4.0 tag).
Do you have your graph set to use Date Order or Ancestor Order?
I think because your 'Graph' column is too narrow to display the rest of the data. Try widening it.Screen Shot 2016-06-02 at 11.17.57 AM.png
Thanks for the suggestion – that doesn't correct it.
weird branch2.PNG
ok, that's weird.
If it's a merge commit, there must be another branch that was merged into it, right? So the weird thing is why is it not showing that branch?
I had it set to Date Order. When I switch to Ancestor Order, the branches show up correctly. Thanks!
So it sounds like somehow the merge commit has an older timestamp than the tag commit that was merged in. Maybe somebody's machine has their time misconfigured slightly?
That's possible. The merge occurs as part of a build plan that's run in Bamboo; I will check into it. Thanks again!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.