Hi
I have a git repo that I am accessing via SourceTree. I now need to access it via a Personal Access Token instead of via a password, due to changes that GitHub has implemented.
I have successfully generated a PAT, but I cannot figure out how to access my repo using my PAT from SourceTree.
I have searched google and stackoverflow and the sourcetree documentation and have not been able to find an answer that works for me. Perhaps I haven't found the right page, or perhaps my setup is in a weird state.
When I try to push to my repo, I currently get this —
git --no-optional-locks -c color.branch=false -c color.diff=false -c color.status=false -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false -c credential.helper=sourcetree push -v --tags origin refs/heads/style4:refs/heads/style4
Pushing to https://github.com/justlikeUNIBLAB/whysaurus
remote: Support for password authentication was removed on August 13, 2021. Please use a personal access token instead.
remote: Please see https://github.blog/2020-12-15-token-authentication-requirements-for-git-operations/ for more information.
fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/justlikeUNIBLAB/whysaurus/': The requested URL returned error: 403
Completed with errors, see above
Thank you,
Josh