Hey guys.
Bamboo seems to ignore my system environment variables which makes some of the tasks fail (composer). I'm running Bamboo 5.6.
I'm essentialy running a "command" task in one of my builds. This runs composer for dependency management and it expects to find a $HOME env variable set.
My bamboo runs through it's own user and when I log in locally I find my env variables just fine. But when bamboo runs they seem to never be set.
I found the following : https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMKB/Bamboo+does+not+pick+up+the+Path+environment+variable+correctlybut I don't know if it's related because I used to test run a bamboo 5.5.x with a similar setup and that worked just fine (though it was running as root.. so maybe the above does apply but I can't set HOME globally)
Any ideas how I could work around this? I'm lost as to what to do.
Thanks
Edit:
Ok I had an idea as this worked. realized that command tasks had an env field. So even though it's tedious I'm using that as a workaround for the moment. Can any of you confirm this is related to the bug I linked?