Since my AWS account is in GovCloud, I am not able to utilize the provided default instances for reference of the setup. So I must use a custom AMI.
I built out a linux instance and add relevant packages in there. The next step is to configure the bamboo agent piece.
I am following this documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/creating-a-custom-elastic-image-289277146.html
I get stuck at this part:
- Environment Variables— you must set up the following environment variables on your local machine before creating a custom elastic image:
EC2_HOME — set this to the path to the installed EC2 API ToolsEC2_CERT — set this to the path to the certificate assigned to EC2 accountEC2_PRIVATE_KEY — set this to the path to the private key assigned to your AWS account
Looking in my AWS account - I only see one top level cert (which I am unable to download) and not sure where to get the private key from either
Then looking at this documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo0701/creating-a-custom-elastic-image-linux-1031177907.html
Where it tells you to create a profile.sh file:
export JAVA_HOME=<path to JRE used to start the agent>
export EC2_HOME=<location of your EC2 tools installation>
export EC2_PRIVATE_KEY=/root/pk.pem
export EC2_CERT=/root/cert.pem
export PATH=/opt/bamboo-elastic-agent/bin:$EC2_HOME/bin:$JAVA_HOME/bin:$M2_HOME/bin:$MAVEN_HOME/bin:$ANT_HOME/bin:$PATH
I have a pem file I can use, just not sure about the cert piece.
Yes... I'm really confused. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!