Hi everybody.
Last week I hit 30. Ouch.
This made me think about the place where I grew up, more specifically the environment, people and pets I grew up with.
I spent my childhood in a small village of about 1.000 people in Ardèche, France.
So as a kid, I used to wake up every morning on that type of landscape :

And that soft lady was my neighbour :

(Well at least that lady looks like the the one I grew up with, the original one certainly is in cow heaven now, but it might be her daughter, who knows ? )
30 years gone by, yadi yadi yada. I live in Lyon, France. A city of 1,5 million people. What a twist huh ?
Now, my view is a little bit more artificial and mineral :

And she is my neighbour :

The bonus is she can sleep with me at night, and she is more manageable on a daily basis.
To be honest, I miss the countryside a lot.
Don't get me wrong, living in a big city has a lot of perks, in terms of job opportunities, friends and activities. I would not go back to the place I grew up in a million years... but having a little garden patch and breathing a cleaner air could honestly be very big advance !
And what about you fellow Community-ans ?
- Where did you grew up ? City or village ?
- How was it (pics !!!) ?
- Where do you live now ?
- How do you feel about it ?