Hi All,
Just joined this community and hope to get to know you all
I have been managing IT projects for few years now and the choice of tools have been MS project and recently Smartsheet. However the current project I am managing is for Digital-Ecomm and our Product & Dev team use JIRA , delivery is 2 weeks sprint.
However we do have defined scope & fixed time to deliver this project. So we have 2 versions of truth
we have the project plan in Smartsheet that is high-level milestone based but the sprints are not completely aligned as when Dev starts there could be change in designs or technical solution and time could vary in order to complete the work. So tracking progress of overall project and committing to completion date has been a challenge.
I am wondering if changing the project management tool can help to monitor if project is on track or off track for Dev work.
I have 2 options and wanted to get feedback from the group if you have had similar problem and have any feedback:
1. To implement Smartsheet to JIRA integrator - I read through the thread on this topic
2. to purchase premium license for JIRA advance roadmap and manage the entire project from JIRA