Hey All!
First of all, thank you for working on this great, new deployment option! In my organization we are also trying to go through the installation process but faced a few issues. It would be also really nice if we could have a call sometime, if it is possible.
We are using EKS on AWS, I just have a bit of experience with these technologies so maybe going to have a few basic questions too.
We tried to use different nginx installations: the one with helm in your documentation (classic lb) and two others from the original site (alb,nlb) (https://kubernetes.github.io/ingress-nginx/deploy/#aws). We realized that all these installations are creating internet-facing load balancers which is forbidden in our organization. My knowledge is basic about networking so I would like to know that would it cause any problem or further changes in other parts of your recommended installation if we would use an internal load balancer?
I also tried to install into my personal aws account where internet-facing load balancers are allowed. I installed a classic load balancer with the recommanded helm commands from here: https://github.com/atlassian-labs/data-center-helm-charts/blob/master/docs/examples/ingress/INGRESS_NGINX.md. Then continued with the installation guide from here: https://github.com/atlassian-labs/data-center-helm-charts/blob/master/docs/INSTALLATION.md. Skipped step 3,4,5 just to have the most basic installation. A pod, service and statefulset was created but the pod stucks in pending status. Is step 3,4,5 required to have a running pod?
Then I tried to deploy the ingress (step 4) too, changed values.yaml but the pod is still in pending status, the nginx controller 'could not find any active endpoint'. Is it a must have to set the 'use-forwarded-headers=true' in the configmap before the nginx controller installation? As it states here: https://github.com/atlassian-labs/data-center-helm-charts/blob/master/docs/CONFIGURATION.md
As I mentioned at the beginning, I have many questions, maybe even really basic ones but thank you for your help in advance, it would be great to have a discussion with you!
Best regards,
Balazs