Should a product discovery project be a single product or an area? For example, should I make a new project that is workflows or should I make a project that is platform and workflows would be represented as views?
I'd be really interested in how others would proceed. This was actually my biggest dilemma when setting up my first project in Product Discovery.
My hunch was to dump all the related ideas into one project as as it may not be clear at the ideation phase how the ideas will be productized (e.g. single product, product + extensions, platform + products on top of the platform)
This is a debate I have been running through my head as well. I love how you can sort and group the Lists and Boards into Sections. At the company I PM at, we have multiple product lines and products. I am thinking of using one Product Discovery for it all because it would allow us to have the overall visibility at a client level or at a project macro level when initiatives are cross product line. I am thinking we could use the "Sections" so that a Product Manager can still work within their small set while also allowing the organization to have the overall view. For example, I am thinking sections like "Product Line A", "Product Line B", "Product X". I would then be able to have our larger enterprise clients as their own sections as well so "Enterprise Client A", etc. This would allow us to have "roadmaps" and lists per client when those clients have work in every product line.
Great question. We've seen teams using both approaches: one project to rule them all, multiple projects. And we've seen both work. At this stage we don't have a definitive guide/recommendation for this - it's actually part of what we're learning in this alpha.
My 2 cents on this so far:
The tools we give you to manage this today are:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.