Hello!
I have problems with my due date butler automatizations, and I hope to find someone to help me here.
The goal is to remind my employees to accomplish certain training courses within a period of 10 Days.
Here is how I tried:
When a Card (= a Card that contains informations about the new training course) comes into a certain list on an employee board, the due date is set to 10 days.
After 5 days, I want them to receive an email that tells them that there is a new training course related card on their board. When there are only 2 days left bevor the due, I want them to receive another email to remind them. And so on.
As an example I want to show you my butler creation for the reminder after 5 days:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
when a due date less than 5 days from now is moved in a card in list "Training courses" without any labels,
send an email notification to "max@mustermann.de" with subject "New training course online!" and message "Hi!\n\nA new training course is online, please watch it and trigger the due as complete: {triggercardlink}\n\\n\nThanks!\n\nTHIS MESSAGE WAS AUTOMATICLY GENERATED – DO NOT ANSWERn---",
and add the green label to the card
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Further example for how I built my system (reminder when there are 2 days left):
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
when a due date less than 2 days from now is moved in a card in list " Training courses" with the green label,
send an email notification to " max@mustermann.de" with subject "2 days left" and message "(TEXT)",
add the yellow label to the card, and remove the green label from the card
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
And here is the problem. To test my system, I have tried different methods by using “set” and not “moved”, regarding the due date, to name one example. But I couldn’t manage to set a system that accomplished to send these reminder emails automatically, it only works when I move the due date by hand to trigger certain reminders.
Please help me, I’ve lost a lot of time on this issue.
If you need more infomations about my issue, please let me know.
With kind regards