If I create a Kanban board to document certain items (like time spent in research), do these cards correlate to the cards in our scrum board, so we can estimate via Fib. numbers our story points?
Yes, since boards are just showing what the associated filter is selecting you can use multiple boards to do this.
Is this the best way, I have some Developers who spent time in research ....that can be long term or short term review.....I just am not sure how to document this, esp. with our story point estimations.
At my previous company I worked for we had a similar set up, but the driving factor was the workflow and it controlled when an issue moved from the Kanban board (used for research and review) to a Scrum board. By doing it this way only issues that were ready for development where added to to the backlog for the teams to do their sprint planning and set the story points.
That is a great idea. Thank you for the response, I am still learning and loving every minute.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.