I use checklists to represent tasks in my user stories. So I would like to be able to mark items on a checklist as "active" or, equivalently, "in-progress". Is there a way of doing this in Trello via secret keys / powerups / whatever?
UPDATE: Based on the replies so far, which are about finding workarounds, I would like to add that I am considering requesting an enhancement to Trello, so that checkboxes can have extra states so as to represent two common statuses: active and blocked. The advice is to make a request on this forum to determine if there's a satisfactory alternative.
The obvious alternative is to adopt a convention such as ">" at the start of a checkbox label means "active" and "!" means "blocked". This works and is a neater, quicker and less disruptive workaround than most. But it's not standard, visually clunky (you have to visually scan off the vertical), and there's no M/N (e.g. 4/5 tasks done) on the front of a card.
Thanks very much for the suggestions so far. You clearly have a ton more patience in clicking and dragging than I do though 