We have five operational teams, each in a different state and in different time zones.
I’m trying to set up Opsgenie so that notifications for P3, P4 and P5 messages aren’t created during night hours. I can do this using a user notification rule to restrict these messages to a set period. The problem with this is if a message occurs during the restricted period, there’s no notification when the restriction finishes, so the user would be unaware that an alert was present unless they checked their app. I would like it to create an audible notification at the start of the restricted period if an unacknowledged message was present.
The other method I found was to set a teams policy to delay the notifications till the morning. This works great, except that it uses the account time zone rather than the user or schedule time zone. I could offset it for the teams that aren’t on the account time zone, but then it’ll be wrong when daylight saving starts as not all states apply it.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to overcome this?