From https://support.atlassian.com/migration/docs/how-groups-and-permissions-are-migrated/ (emphasis mine):
If we find a group in your cloud site with the same name as a group that you are migrating, we will not re-migrate that group. Instead, we will add the users from the server group into the cloud group.
To be clear, this means only the users in the projects I am migrating, not all users in that group is that correct? I am migrating one project, with 4 users. Both server and cloud groups have a "jira-software-users" group which all our users are in. The one on the server has dozens of users. When I migrate, will this group only get the 4 users from the project or the dozens in the group?
Hi @dtlhlbs ,
JCMA will only migrate the 4 users from the project given you select the option "migrate only users and groups related to the selected projects ".
Please ensure you uncheck the option that says "include any user that is a member of a group in this migration" so all the users in the group don't get migrated
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.