So we had 2 alerts created for the same issue. These were triggered by the JSM integration for Jira update.
The background on this issue is a bit chaotic so I'm not worried about this but it would be nice to know.
1. Ticket was created in JSM that did not match the webhook JQL.
2. Ticket was updated to match the webhook JQL
3. I updated the integration to create the alert when a ticket was updated
(This integration was set up before we went to JSM Pro)
This is the filter I added:

4. The alert was created in Opsgenie:

5. Since the on-call user was already working on it, the alert was NOT ACK'd
6. The ticket was closed this morning and a new alert was created:

7. Both alerts were ACK'd and closed
Since Opsgenie is in the process of being rolled out to all IT teams, I would like to know why 2 alerts came up, but also because of how this ticket came about I'm not too worried about it.
From my understanding, the Alias should have prevented the 2nd alert from being created, but it didn't.