Suddenly the GUI is not starting anymore. Tried all options I found. Even after I uninstalled and removed all folders(Atlasian folder and Sourcetree from AppData) the install GUI will not appear. The install .exe will recreate the Sourcetree folder inside AppData all the time but still the GUI does not start. Version I'm using is 3.4.5.
This was the problem. I had an power loss which I think was the reason for KernelBase.dll corruption.
Log info via Event Viewer/WindowsLogs/Application in Windows10:
Level Date and Time Source Event ID Task CategoryError 6/29/2021 11:06:17 AM Application Error 1000 (100) "Faulting application name: SourceTree.exe, version: 2.6.10.0, time stamp: 0x5b3cd3afFaulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.1474, time stamp: 0x5ae7af90Exception code: 0xe0434352Fault offset: 0x0000000000043b19Faulting process id: 0x2e1cFaulting application start time: 0x01d76cbda2e3d64fFaulting application path: C:\Users\uidp5982\AppData\Local\SourceTree\app-2.6.10\SourceTree.exeFaulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dllReport Id: c761ed3a-4b16-42b8-bf4d-3f4a16e74660Faulting package full name:Faulting package-relative application ID: "Error 6/29/2021 11:06:17 AM .NET Runtime 1026 None Application: SourceTree.exeFramework Version: v4.0.30319Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.Exception Info: System.Management.ManagementExceptionat System.Management.ThreadDispatch.Start()at System.Management.ManagementScope.Initialize()at System.Management.ManagementObjectSearcher.Initialize()at System.Management.ManagementObjectSearcher.Get()at SourceTree.Utils.WindowsOSHelper.GetWindowsVersion()at SourceTree.App..ctor()at SourceTree.App.Main()
Error 6/29/2021 11:06:15 AM Application Error 1000 (100) "Faulting application name: SourceTree.exe, version: 2.6.10.0, time stamp: 0x5b3cd3afFaulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.1474, time stamp: 0x5ae7af90Exception code: 0xe0434352Fault offset: 0x0000000000043b19Faulting process id: 0x1870Faulting application start time: 0x01d76cbda1f6f59cFaulting application path: C:\Users\uidp5982\AppData\Local\SourceTree\app-2.6.10\SourceTree.exeFaulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dllReport Id: cb65b4a0-7294-4f09-962f-0f602be17961Faulting package full name:Faulting package-relative application ID: "Error 6/29/2021 11:06:15 AM .NET Runtime 1026 None Application: SourceTree.exeFramework Version: v4.0.30319Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.Exception Info: System.Management.ManagementExceptionat System.Management.ThreadDispatch.Start()at System.Management.ManagementScope.Initialize()at System.Management.ManagementObjectSearcher.Initialize()at System.Management.ManagementObjectSearcher.Get()at SourceTree.Utils.WindowsOSHelper.GetWindowsVersion()at SourceTree.App..ctor()at SourceTree.App.Main()
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/applications-fail-to-start-with-kernelbasedll/44a4c2ad-a43f-479b-b026-bcdc2ff01285
Solution:
I created a system restore point from 15 days ago and worked after this.
p.s I needed to reinstall google chrome after restore so extra care when performing restore. Some applications maybe needs a reinstallation.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.