I want to use Crucible for reviewing code, but it seems that the roles are over complicated - for my small brain, anyway.
In my terminology, I want to allow a reviewer to review an author's changes.
For example if Bob submits some changes, I'd like me (James) to be able to initiate, perform, and summarize a review of Bob's code.
How can I set this up in Crucible? Currently I do the following:
- Create a review,
- Browse changelists for Bob's changes
- Select the changelists which I want to review
- Edit the review details - and here's where I run into problems.
I want to make Bob the author and me the Reviewer. However Crucible insists on having a moderator (which is set to me), and won't let me be reviewer and moderator.
If I try to remove the need for moderators from the project (under administration), then I get a message that a moderator must be set up under the default permission scheme.
So presumably I need to create a new permission scheme which allows me to not have a moderator.
Can anyone give me pointers as to how to achieve what I want here?
Thanks,
James