@Jamey Austin needs to pick our brains 🧠 in his discussion about What corpspeak bothers you the most?
To get the juices flowing, I found this Corporate Buzzword Battle in the Atlantic.
What are ones you've heard in your office, and what should be some alternatives?
How did "Thought Leader" not make the bracket?
😂 That's a great one- how did it not make it... Can you use it in a sentence that you've heard before? And then do an interpretation on what it really means?
Example
These are great!
Government language? Oh, I can do that. I don't want to, but I have a parent and an uncle who were civil servants for a long time, and I've worked with several government organisations. I don't just understand "Yes (Prime) Minister", I get all the jokes in it. All of them. Even the ones in Latin.
Corporate/business cliches - yep, they're fantastic at telling me that someone doesn't know what they are doing, so there's something real to talk about.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.