We just recently merged all of our Atlassian account information for Trello and now we have 745 Trello free managed accounts showing in our Administrator's dashboard.How do I clear up these accounts? Many are over 5 years old and most likely are no longer with the company. Is there guidance of how to manage this volume?
@[deleted]is this inside your Atlassian Access dashboard?
Hi Iain --
These accounts don't show up in our Atlassian Access.
I merged our accounts and now they show in in the Trello Admin dashboard.
I can see the accounts, however all I' allowed to do is grant a license.
I'm seeking a way to remove them.
@[deleted]okay so if you "select all" there do you not see the ability to deactivate them as a group?
It is possible to deactivate members of an enterprise via the API:
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/trello/rest/api-group-enterprises/#api-enterprises-id-members-idmember-deactivated-put
and also to delete members via the API:
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/trello/rest/api-group-enterprises/#api-enterprises-id-organizations-idorg-delete
So for example we could fetch a list of members and, if they're "free managed" members or "deactivated" members then delete them so you wouldn't see them there.
I don't have an enterprise account to test with so I can't write the code for you without more information.
If you can't find a way to mass delete or deactivate them then feel free to email team@benkoworks.com and we can write the code for you to run once via our BenkoBot platform and tidy things up.
Thank you for input. I was able to locate (in the Trello Security navigation) the Atlassian settings:
This allowed me to delete/deactivate accounts no longer active with our company. This took care of some of the accounts in question.
But there are still Trello accounts that haven't been used in over 5 years, and the person is still working here. Is there a way to remove those? Do I need to ask the end user to removed their account within Trello? I don't want to deactivate in Atlassian because the end user may be using our Jira/Confluence, etc. Products. But we don't want the freeware accounts still hanging around when they are not being actively used because they are still associated with our company's email credentials.
On a side note: Is there a reason why Atlassian doesn't provide a toggle-type switch to remove Trello access?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.