Hi,
I have crowd 2.7.2 and mysql 5.1 on the same linux (rhel6) server. We have several applications linking to it just fine.
In the past year or so, I noticed authentication to the crowd gui itself with my admin credentials take 1-5 minutes... and if I am inactive for 30 seconds or so, I have to repeat this hellish login.
Had the same issue with crowd 2.6 - though it hasn't always been this bad. I haven't upgraded the mysql DB.
Note: I thought it might me a reverse dns lookup issue . But nope , mysql is not performing reverse dns lookup. Heap settings look good on crowd application .
Mysql user grants are not using hostnames..but localhost or specific up addresses.
I'm stumped . Is this some mysql issue? We have several directories , only one is ldap though... an active directory connection to an ADAM server .. which has worked fine for years. Our user base, including disabled users, is under 4000.
Any tips much appreciated . Makes admin tasks in crowd a nightmare.