I installed fresh sourcetree onto a new PC
The install process validated the credentials ok and I can see a list of my remote (bitbucket) repose in the remote source list in sourcetree.
When I attempt to clone a repo I get following error in sourcetree.
Command: git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks ls-remote https://orbticoms@bitbucket.org/orbticoms/cab_rolec_esp_pcb0325_f.gitOutput:Error: remote: Invalid username or passwordfatal: Authentication failed for 'https://bitbucket.org/orbticoms/cab_rolec_esp_pcb0325_f.git/'
As always, it seems like they haven't fixed it
Was certainly frustrating.
Had to manually navigate around the appdata folders and remove all Atlassian related, uninstall the app and remove folder in Program Files. Then changed online password and finally reinstalled and it worked. The last machine I installed on asked me to manually log into bitbucket during install and that worked but this install automatically applied credentials and stated they were ok, but they were not. Wasted a lot of time with this, Wouldn't it be great if the install program actually worked first time on a brand new Windows 10 install.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.