Hi, I would like to know what happened with Trello Official Chrome extension
It has been down for several days
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/trello/dmdidbedhnbabookbkpkgomahnocimke?hl=ID
Thanks
They delisted it because it needed some changes and right now we don’t have the resources to put it back up. I’m trying to figure out how to prioritize that but it won’t be soon as far as I can tell.
What's the definition of "soon"... will it be a few more weeks till its fixed? Months? And why aren't you announcing it anywhere? I had to dig to find this.
@Michael Pryor - Is there any update or official communication on this please? It would be great if you can post in details.
No updates yet!
Just noticed the extension disappeared from my chrome extensions 😭 I knew it was. having some wonky issues but didn't realize it was going away. This brings me great sadness. 😭😭😭😭😭😭
Update! I just noticed that chrome automatically disabled it because apparently it violates terms? But I can re-enable it by toggling it back on. (To do this, go to your chrome extension management and then search Trello and you'll see it. Click the gray toggle to turn it back on.) Sharing in case anyone else comes across this.
Thanks. Just tried the same. It seems to work again (but the violation notice remains). Hope there will be further updates as the extension is really useful.
Yes, the extension still works just fine if you re-enable it. I actually don't use the Quick-add at all, but use it to quickly search for a board by typing T <space> (trello board name) in the browser's addressbar/omnibox, which is a super fast way to get to the right Trello board. If there's an alternative for that, I'd be willing to switch.
In case it wasn't obvious, you can use the Trello website to quickly navigate to boards by typing `b` and then the board name and then enter when you are at trello.com
Ah i actually didnt know this! Good to know!
actually using the chrome location bar and "t NAME_OF_BOARD" was/is the main feature of the extension I use.As the extension was released by you I simply activated it again and ignore the policy warning. But the "b NAME_OF_BOARD" is also a great help.
Hope you can officially list the extension again soon
*Posting this as an answer rather than a comment as it has really helped me in replacing the extension:
Bookmarking this provides a handy alternative for now: https://trello.com/add-card
Thanks a lot, super helpful. I usually have my bookmarks bar hidden though, so still would miss the original Extension format. Thankfully, the re-enabling seems to work even though the warning is still there.
So, maybe someone should tell the content team that this extension is no longer available as it was referenced in a blog post last month, pushed out in an email this week...
https://blog.trello.com/leadership-skills-with-the-feynman-technique
Funnily enough, I’m the one who wrote that post 😂 at the time I thought I was just having some issue on my computer accessing it because I found that same link referenced multiple times in other blog posts and I assumed the editing team would pull that out if it wasn’t true. I’ll make a note with them that they might wanna comb through all the posts that mention it since it can’t be downloaded anymore.
While I do appreciate the irony, it only further makes my point. If you are championing this as a great solution for your users then you should be supporting it and bring it back.
Oh I don’t work at Trello - just a massive fan and write some blog posts for them. But also I think this whole thread is all of us trying to champion for the feature, and even if every Trello product manager agrees this is a key feature, that doesn’t mean atlassian is for sure going to give the thumbs up to dedicate resources to it, or that it’s the only feature they’re getting feedback to prioritize. So I’ll keep chiming in here and advocating for it, but as one who now works in product development, I’ve started to get to see the other side of it and I know it’s not always as simple as “a lot of people say they like this”.
Hi Everyone! A quick note from the Trello team. As you all know the official Trello Chrome Extension has been delisted by Google. We understand that might have impacted some of our users’ productivity. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience!
For now, we want to highlight these alternative options:
We are working behind the scenes to provide you with a better update on this, and we will be checking back soon.
Thanks for your patience!
@Amanda Alvernaz thanks for sharing this! I think the add card piece will be pretty helpful for me, and that's help to know about searching the boards in the URL. a few extra clicks than t tab but close enough
Thanks, this solved it for me.
Still waiting for this world to stop changing, the best extension!!!!!
ARGH! New laptop and I lost my "t" address bard shortcut to all my plethora of Trello boards. I must have used that 50 times a day! Please bring it back! Pretty please! My productivity has nodedived!
What's your use case that 'b' - boardname or using trello.com/add-card doesn't solve?
Firstly, thanks - I didn't know that existed, so that at least saves me navigating through the menus to find the right board.
Secondly, this is close to what I want, but I'm not generally already in Trello when I want to open a new board - I don't 100% live in Trello The address bar "t" shortcut saved me first having to find a random trello page to open and then searching for the board...
So my life just got a bit better thanks to you, but it could still get even better...
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/quick-cards-for-trello/kbcaloiloopinbimkfnhdlonaeloppmf
I made this thing free - don't mind the "free trial" text - it'll always say 30 days left lol
it seems many users used the extension's shortcut for searching within Trello directly from the Chrome address bar. maybe they could get the same functionality by adding trello-search as an engine within Chrome:- steps for adding custom engines: https://www.popsci.com/diy/add-search-engines-to-google-chrome/- url for trello search: https://trello.com/search?q=%s i read most of the discussions/ comments below and found the above approach to resolve my need for global search within Trello. doesn't quite get to the need for searching for/ within specific boards & so on.
cheers!
That's the best solution I've seen so far. Would be nice if this option from @Amanda Alvernaz actually worked then it could be used for the board search I nearly always want:
However all that does is search for "b NAME_OF_BOARD" so maybe they removed that feature too!
Same here - after almost a year without the official extension, I still miss the "t NAME_OF_BOARD" function.
I'm not sure, but it seems the Atlassian team is somewhat underestimating the value of this feature.
None of the alternatives mentioned were good substitutes for this type of workflow.
I hope this functionality comes back somehow ;-)
I wrote an article with tips on how to workaround the Trello Chrome Extension being removed, particularly:
- How to quickly add links to your Trello Board
- How to quickly open any Trello board
- How to search within Trello using Chrome
Link: https://rozenmd.com/replacing-trello-official-chrome-extension
Any updates on this? Crazy that there's no new extension available? Have people stopped using Trello or something?
Still waiting also, very annoying
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.