I have Stash using Crowd for authentication, but can't find any documentation describing how to set Stash to work with SSO like other Atlassian products.
Have I missed something?
Stash does not currently support SSO with Crowd. I have created an issue which I would recommend that you vote for/comment on to voice your support.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-2493
Thanks
It's bewildering to me that Atlassian can put out a new product that can authenticate against Crowd but that does not support SSO. It seems half baked right out of the gate.
It's a very early stage, greenfield product. So I would expect it is missing quite a few features but it will show rapid evolution over time. Isn't that what agile development is supposed to be about?
Tarfa - we opted to release early, release often. Rather than spend years building a product with all the bells and whistles, we wanted to get Stash into the hands of customers as fast as possible.
This lets us iterate more quickly and adapt to our customer needs better! All around, a much bigger net gain!
Thanks for the answers. I look forward to seeing the updates.
It would also help if Crowd was updated to support JDK 1.7 like Jira and Stash.....that'll help the installation procedure.
We have a Crowd build at the moment that supports 1.7, we will look at making this official for the next major Crowd release 2.5, which is slated to come out in the next 4-6 weeks.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CWD-2740
Good to know. Thanks for the update.
I'll buy that, it's a totally valid approach. So the issue becomes one of communication. The mismatch between what the marketing copy leads one to expect vs. the actual state of the product. I understand the need for soaring superlatives for marketing purposes - to give the golden vision for what the product is supposed to do in an ideal world - but given that your main customers are developers and development teams, it would be great if you had an area that talks to us directly and frankly about what your products can and cannot do and what their short to mid-term roadmap is. "Fellow engineers, here is our analysis of the pros and cons of our products, what they can do successfully, and what they cannot do." The process for me has been a lot of discovery on my own, hours spent googling and searching through your documentation, forums, and publicly-viewable JIRA issues. A frustrating and time-consuming process. Would be much better if you guys told us what you think yourselves are the limitations and flaws in your products, as well as strengths.
Having said all of the above, however, I do want to mention how much I love the Atlassian products so far. They are new to me, I'm a little unfamiliar with them, but I'm getting the hang of them and know that overall they are going to be a huge net improvement in my life as a developer and team leader. So, good work guys :-)
Stash now supports Crowd SSO:
http://blogs.atlassian.com/2013/03/stash-23-crowd-single-sign-on-git-submodules/
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.