Our current Hierarchy structure consists of Initiative --> Capability --> Epic --> Story where each Initiative is a large effort that spans many PIs/Years. We are having great success in using Structure to manage the big picture view of all the work, but when trying to build a graphical roadmap with Roadmaps I continue to see very weird things.
Currently trying to use a filter input source to simply pull in the Initiative of interest with a JQL like below:
issue = INTB-14 OR issue in childIssuesOf(INTB-14)
When executing this filter within the Search for Issues page, this works fantastically, but when trying to use this as a Roadmaps input source, I continue to see some issues missing or random issues showing up in the "No Parent" section of the Plan. Sometimes these issues showing up in the "No Plan" section are technically part of the Initiative and sometimes they are completely unrelated. It is causing me to question my grasp on reality :P
Anyone seen this or have ideas???
This is my first hurdle.... I already recognize the need to pull in boards to have representative sprint dates for stories, which is a totally different pain that I know has other topics discussing.