Any thoughts on a PDF export of the roadmap? Or something along those lines? We have quite a few stakeholders/execs that cannot be bothered with reviewing something directly in Jira and a version we could "publish" would be amazing!
Thanks!
I know it's not what you're asking, but might help you... What we do, is we export Jira ideas/epics to MURAL and make a nicer presentation for the roadmap, it helps us be more visual in storytelling and stakeholders appreciate it
I'd prefer to 'export' to a URL where it visually shows on a website instead of a PDF. Roadmunk, a tool we've used has really great options for this.
I appreciate this and thank you. We do use a more pretty stakeholder roadmap although that means editing or modifying it every time it is changed and doesn't use the system of record which is the actual Jira items. My request is because this new app already has a card based roadmap in it. The ability to export or launch to a URL means not needing to recreate the format in another tool.
Yes, this would be an awesome capability. If the URL would still allow different views or filters, even better. Very similar to Jira Software Cloud's own roadmap where one can choose how to filter it, etc.
https://www.atlassian.com/roadmap/cloud?selectedProduct=&
+1 to this. Not everyone has (or wants) access to Jira, being able to easily send a link so that anyone can view our roadmap would be a huge timesaver to avoid the manual creation of static roadmaps.
Yep this +100. A nice way to go 'chromeless' in a shareable URL
I'm also very interested in joining up multiple projects into roadmaps particularly when we have discovery here and other items in delivery in other projects. I know I can track everything as ideas but some things are purely technical and I don't want my discovery boards to be too full of developer epics such as 'Rails upgrades' etc..
Thanks everyone - it's definitely something we want to help solve.
Here's how we're currently looking at this: sharing roadmaps (Loom, 3min)
Please let us know what you think.
I'm particularly interested in the concern you raised re: needing a Jira account to access the information. Without that it makes things a whole lot more complicated on our end (e.g. re: security/permissions) so I want to make sure I get that right.
What Erin said is something we heard many PMs mention as a pain point: having one source of truth for the latest roadmap, automatically updated based on the current status of stuff, so stakeholders can self-serve. That would remove a lot of point-to-point questions.
@Erin Mihalik @Colin Goudie @Owen Warburton @Brent Johnson penny for your thoughts? Thanks
Sent the viewing request
Sent request too
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.