All my URLs in trello are automatically converted into page titles. It is very inconvenient to copy/paste and i need to see the exact URLs. How do i turn off this auto-convert function?
Hi @Julie Rebarbar 👋
Welcome to the Community!
There's been a few members raise issues around the smart links so you're not alone in this. I've taken a good look through Trello's available settings and it's documentation but unfortunately there is currently no way to disable this feature.
A number of members are flagging this issue by raising a support ticket in the hopes that this feature can be tweaked. You can raise a support ticket, upload screenshots, description etc here >> https://trello.com/contact#/
If you have any other questions let me know 😃
All the best,
Laura
If you use backticks around the url it should stay as a url.
Hi,Backticks are make links not clickable anymore. Is there a way to keep entire link visible and keep it clickable?
Capitalize the first letter of the domain works for me.
like https://Trello.com
Actually may be simpler to capitalize the H in https. Just something so it doesn’t match the regular expression
This feature is trash and needs to be removed.
-
My best suggestion is wait for it to automatically convert to a friendly link, then do ctrl-z to undo. It should undo the conversion and just leave the full url and as a link.
(p.s. the "feature" is really really really irritating)
Hi, am afraid your solution is not working for me (FF browser). Links in the checklist are not getting changed after I press CTRL+Z.
It is a shame that requests from the users are not taking into account by Trello/Atlassian support.
AND here we are how many years later and this is STILL a huge bugbear. Yes I can click undo every single darn time. But its so annoying. Who in their right mind wants this stupid feature that turns URLs into rich buttons!!! Agghhhhhhhhhh
We used to write all the links with capital H letter. Try it as it may still work. Ex. Https://www.atlassian.com/ instead of https://www.atlassian.com/
Because of that and other problems company that I work for created our own internal solution for Kanban board to stop using Trello.
There is an option in your Atlassian profile that's supposed to let you turn this off: https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/link-preferences
However I'm not sure if it's working. I added `section.io` to the list (since it's the name of a supplier we work with who've named themselves after their domain), but I just wrote a comment using it and it got auto-converted to links anyway.Based on the other answers here it's possible the exceptions on that page are case-sensitive. I'm trying that now to see if it fixes the issue I'm having.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.