Hi,
I have just joined here, so not sure if I am perhaps making an old call to a topic that had been raised here before. I tried searching for "keyboard", "shortcuts" but haven't gotten any results that would cover my concern.
Which is...
I find SourceTree very "mouse-hungry". I think it could do a much better job supporting keyboard workflows. Despite having a lot of menu commands mapped to keys, there are multiple places with very poor keyboard support. Examples:
- panes (esp. in the File Status mode), altough focusable, have dotted outlines that are barely visible on large screens - a solid, 2px wide colored border, activated in prefs would come in handy
- the individual panes in File Status view could have fixed keys ctrl-# mapped to them so that it was easier to quickly access staged/unstaged areas. They could be deeply-linked too, eg. while in History, pressing a shortcut mapped to Unstaged files would switch the view to File Status and activate the pane in one go.
- the Commit options... dropdown - even though focusable, there doesn't seem to be a way to unfold it via space or arrow keys
- folder items in tree views, when in focus, could have the left and right arrows mapped to collapsing/expanding, respectively
Why I am so fussy about the keyboard shortcuts? Productivity. I would like to switch from my IDE to SourceTree using OSKey+tab, continue my workflow using keyboard, and switch back to IDE.
I would be curious to hear if I am any different in my expectations here.
Best to all,
moniuch