I've recently added some great Butler calendar rules that move cards automatically based on due date into my "this week" and "tomorrow" lists on my main planner.
To make this more useful, I have added a rule that automatically sets a due date if there is a date in the card title or description.
In my system, cards get sent to this board from several other boards and sources. The "set due date" rule is working for many of the cases where cards get moved to my planning board. But it is not working for the cards that are created from my two google calendars. Both create cards the same except for having a different color label assigned. This gets done using a bot at automate.io.
The cards that are created have the date in both the card title and the card description. I have tried building the rule around having the date in the card, and also around having the date in the description. But it is not working.
Here is the description version of my rule:
when I enter a card description containing a date, set due on the date
Might the problem be one of timing, where the the rule somehow can't run b/c of the way the card is created?
My other thought is that date format might be the problem. These cards end up with a European date format, plus a time. They look like this in both title and description:
17-May-2021 14:30:00
I'd appreciate any thoughts on what the problem is. This will be such a time saver when it is working properly.