I have a problem, and it's driving me crazy.
I have replaced a bunch of files in a directory which is a git source path.I can add the new files to the repository which is fine, but I can't get the program to stop looking for and forget about the old files I removed.
This is my infinite loop scenario...
With the files listed in the bottom window, the bottom status bar says "255 missing". That's fine. I select all and choose "Stop Tracking".
Now, after some processing and a dialog box, I click on the ok. Now, they appear in the top window with the bottom status bar saying "255 Removed".
I select them all and choose "Stop Tracking". After another dialog box, the message at the bottom of it says, "blablafilenames setcolours.php liners/Modules/backups/ColourSettings/update.php liners/Modules/backups/ColourSettings/updated.php
fatal: pathspec 'liners/Modules/Calendar.orig/index_tz_ajax.php' did not match any files
Completed with errors, see above".
No luck.
Then, I select "Unstage Files"... We are now back to square 1, with the "255 Missing" and the files listed at the bottom.
Am I dumb? Missing something? Or is this not the way to do it? Is it a bug?
Thanks, Steve
SourceTree Version 1.5.6 (1.5.6) Mac