I've been using SourceTree for half a year now - it's great. I'm running Windows 8.1, had version 1.5.2.0 and had no problems with it until now.
On 21st Feb as I was minding my own gits, Source Tree failed to open. No window would pop up or anything - the application would start to open, and then close.
Restarted my machine and tried again, but it still persisted. I ran the repair tool and eventually removed it, then reinstalled it, but it still wouldn't open. I removed it again and also removed the AppData folder. SourceTree opened this time and I was able to communicate with Bitbucket and open working copies of my git repositories.
However, when I go to open up a repository (tree view), the application crashes again with the same error. This is very puzzling.
Here's what happens currently (version 1.6.14.0):
sourcetree bug.gif
The log file outputs the following each time;
2015-02-24T19:12:14: Fatal error:
System.IO.IOException: The file exists.
2015-02-24T19:12:14: Stack trace:
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Path.InternalGetTempFileName(Boolean checkHost)
at System.Windows.Input.Cursor.LoadFromStream(Stream cursorStream)
at System.Windows.Controls.GridViewColumnHeader.GetCursor(Int32 cursorID)
at System.Windows.Controls.GridViewColumnHeader.get_SplitCursor()
at System.Windows.Controls.GridViewColumnHeader.HookupGripperEvents()
... (Full stack trace)
I'm horrendous with git on command line, and don't want to have to move to another GUI. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.