Hello,
I have been trying to get started with Team Central and quite frankly I'm not sure of where to begin or what the terminology means in context, so I apologize for the barrage of questions, but I'm having a difficult time understanding what this tool is used for. Is there a product guide that explains what all the concepts are, and how this tool fits into the overall Atlassian suite?
For example, until Team Central, I KNEW what a project was. A project was a collection of issues in Jira. So.... what's a Team Central project? Does it relate to Jira at all? What does 'project' mean when looking at the two products?
How do projects and goals work together? What is the hierarchy? How are goals and sub-goals different from issues in Jira?
How does this product relate to my site(s)? With Jira and Confluence the product is tied to a particular site, but TC seems global in ways that I don't understand. For example, I do work for multiple clients. I was invited to Team Central by my supervisor. Within a project, when I click on related links, instead of seeing issues from our Jira instance i am seeing issues from a client's site. So - what should I expect to see in Related links? Does it just collect issues from the various sites and organizations we have access to?
What does TC provide that Confluence does not? How would TC be used with Confluence?